Fertility acupuncture to support and improve natural fertility by regulating the menstrual cycle to support conception and a healthier pregnancy
In his fertility acupuncture practice Peter Kington uses acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, dietary and lifestyle advice to support a healthier menstrual cycle.
Chinese medicine theory has it that by ‘regulating’ the menstrual cycle, a woman’s opportunity to conceive improves because of potentially more regular ovulation.
Peter Kington’s experience with fertility acupuncture has seen him support and help countless women experiencing infertility due to:
- Disorders of ovulation caused by PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome), PCO (polycystic ovaries) and hormonal disruption caused by stress, anxiety and fatigue.
- Age-related infertility due to poor ‘egg quality’, irregular ovulation or other uterine factors
- Premature ovarian failure, sometimes called early menopause in women of an age where menopause may not be expected
- Endometriosis which may affect fertility by obstructing normal uterine or ovarian blood flow and embryonic implantation (as well as women experiencing period pain and heavy periods)
- Uterine fibroids which can cause discomfort, heavy periods and infertility
- Thin or insufficient uterine lining thought to be causing implantation failure
- Unknown infertility including previously unsuccessful IVF cycles
In addition to fertility acupuncture to support women’s reproductive health and natural fertility, Peter has extensive experience helping women experiencing:
- PMS (premenstrual syndrome) or PMDD (premenstrual dysphoric disorder)
- Period pain which may or may not be associated with endometriosis
- Fibrocystic breast disease (non cancerous lumps in the breast)
- Migraine headache associated with hormonal fluctuations
- Menstrual disorders including amenorrhoea (no period), scanty or light periods, heavy periods, irregular periods, long periods (where periods drag on for days) or really short periods (where they may only last a day or two)