Peter Kington – Acupuncturist, lecturer and practitioner educator in Brisbane
Practitioner educator and lecturer Peter Kington
As a practitioner educator, Peter has held various teaching positions at the Australian College of Natural Medicine (ACNM)/Endeavour College of Natural Health (ECNH).
His areas of teaching expertise have included:
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Remedial Massage 1 (TCMRM1)
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Remedial Massage 2 (TCMRM2)
- Differential Diagnosis 2 (DD2) – internal medicine
- Differential Diagnosis 3 (DD3) – gynaecology, obstetrics and paediatrics
- Clinical Chinese Medicine 2 (inaugural year) (CCM2) – internal medicine
- Clinical Chinese Medicine 3 (inaugural year) (CCM3) – gynaecology and obstetrics
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Remedial Massage Clinic supervision
- Acupuncture Clinic supervision
Peter has extensive experience as an industry practitioner educator and since 2010, has taught across a wide variety of clinical areas. Peter has a special interest in human reproduction and the role that acupuncture and Chinese medicine can play in supporting clients in this area.
Peter conceptualises, develops, researches, writes and presents all his own material. He presents to colleagues and industry professionals across Australia, New Zealand and the USA.
Peter is available for seminar development and presentation. Topics currently available for customisation or presentation include:
- Analysing the Jing – the Treatment of Male Infertility (exclusive 6 hour seminar for China Books, Sydney and Melbourne, 2012)
- Men’s and Women’s Fertility Masterclass (exclusive 12 hour seminar for China Books, 2013)
- Supporting Men and Women through IVF with Chinese Medicine (exclusive 8 hour seminar in Darwin, September 2015)
- Fertility, Pregnancy and First Trimester Disharmonies (AACMA Qld state committee seminar, 2011)
- Winter Ailments and Respiratory Conditions; 4 hour seminar
- Enhancing Male Fertility with Chinese Medicine; 4 hour seminar
- Better IVF Outcomes with Chinese Medicine (supporting women undergoing IVF); 4 hours seminar
- IVF Support for Men and Women; 7 hour seminar
- Menstrual Disorders with Chinese Medicine; 4 hour seminar
- TCM Support for Healthy Ageing; 4 hour seminar
- Treatment of Digestive Disorders with Chinese Medicine; 4 hour seminar
- Treatment of Thyroid Disease and other Autoimmune Disorders with Chinese Medicine; 4 hour seminar
- Menstrual Disorders, Men’s Health & IVF Support; 28 hour (four day) seminar program delivered via livestream and pre-recorded for eLotus in Los Angeles
- Acupuncture and Chinese medicine for Endometriosis; 30 minute talk for Endometriosis Queensland
- Getting to the Crux of the Gut: understanding analysing and treating common gut disorders with Chinese medicine; 90 minute keynote address at the Acupuncture New Zealand annual conference, Wellington, August 2018
- Analysing the Jing: a Framework for Interpreting the semen analysis and developing a Chinese medicine diagnosis and treatment plan; 90 minute keynote address at the Acupuncture New Zealand annual conference, Wellington, August 2018
- It Takes Two: Helping Men (Re)discover Their Reproductive Mojo; 90 minutes presentation at the International Integrative Chinese Medicine Conference, Melbourne November 2018
- It Takes Two: A Couples Approach to Conception and Fertility Support; 14 hour practitioner seminar for Acupuncture New Zealand in Wellington and Christchurch, March and April 2019.